Friday, January 16, 2015

January 10 Questions

I've seen these questions floating around Blog Land lately, but don't know who they originate with.

1.  What size horse do you prefer to ride?

I prefer to ride larger horses. in the 16h + height. But my horse is only about 13.1h and I've learned to appreciate that. I love big horses.

2.  Do you school in tall boots or half chaps and paddock boots?

Neither. I have a pair of Ariat's BabyFats that I wear when I take lessons or ride in a saddle at home. I have a pair of cheap half chaps, but they don't fit with my cheap paddock boots, so I tend not to wear either.

3.  What do you do with your ribbons after shows?

I don't really show so I don't have any ribbons. The only time I ever "showed" my job was to sit and look pretty next to my husband during a driving class my in-laws were showing in. If the pony had needed it, I would have had to hopped off and headed her, but it wasn't necessary. We won 2nd place in one class, but my in-laws kept the ribbon. Their horse, their ribbon.

4.  Do you ride/board at a large show barn or at a small private barn?

I have my horse at home, so it's as private as you can get. The place I take lessons at doesn't really show. It's a small private-ish place. They also run a therapeutic riding center out of it, so there are usually people around.

5.  Have you ever seen a horse give birth?

No, but I've seen newborn foals a few times at the school I studied at overseas. I've also seen llamas born. Does that count at all?

My husband and I showing in 2013. I got to wear a fancy dress.

6.  What is your favorite breed?

Haflingers.  They're smart with plenty of attitude to keep you on your toes, but have such power and ability for such a small horse. I really love the draft breeds too.

7.  Favorite tack brand?

I don't really have one. I'm not a tack snob. If it gets the job done with out wearing down easily and doesn't cost much money, I'm happy.

8.  Would you ever buy used tack?

Yes. One of my saddles is used. I'm always up for a good bargain.

9.  Ever been on a carriage ride?

Yes, my in-laws show in driving classes at a local fair every year.

10.  How often do you go to the tack store?
Kind of often. The place where I take lessons at and volunteer also runs a small tack shop to help support its programs. I purchase my feed from them and always browse the used tack to see if anything good came in. It's a dangerous place for my wallet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!