Monday, May 25, 2015

AHR Award

Last year I joined the American Haflinger Registry and participated in their recreation points program. Any riding you do outside of shows or competitions counts as time towards this program. It counts anything from training and school rides to trail rides. Since I don't show, it was a nice motivator to get out and ride more often. We managed to ride 47.5 hours.  I think some late December weather prevented me from making it up to 50, where you got another award.

The medallion is for riding 25 hours.

I wasn't able to renew my membership this year due to the cost, but I hope to next year.

As a side note, I think I've decided on a show name if I ever do any local shows.  Max shall be dubbed....Old Man Melvis.  I love/hate his registered name.

3 comments:

Thank you for your comment!