Goals for Max:
- Improve leg yields - FAIL
- Get a decent turn on the forehand and haunches - FAIL
- Work on some trail obstacles - FAIL
|Pony says "It's ok that you didn't work with me much. I don't mind. Just feed me grain and hay"|
Goals for Me:
- Continue lessons in some fashion - Mostly did this. They keep getting delayed or canceled for the week for various reasons
- Be able to sit the canter under saddle - FAIL
- Build/set up some trail obstacles - Mostly Fail - I did start putting together a new one, but it's sitting half finished in my garage.
- Ride the pony with the goal of working on something, at least once per week - FAIL - rode once for 10 minutes to try a new saddle, and even that was a fail since I was too lazy to swap out the stirrup leathers that were too short
- Doing groundwork or lunging at least once per week - FAIL
- Have at least one lesson on Max - didn't happen
- Take Max off property at least once for a trail ride - Still didn't happen
There are reasons (excuses) for me not working with the boy. Right now he is mostly a pasture puff.