Friday, March 6, 2015

February 2015 Review

Well, we didn't get all the rain we were supposed to get. That means that the snow didn't completely melt (and cause flooding), but it melted enough to make it icy and too dangerous to ride.  It's supposed to get up into the 40s this weekend and stay warm-ish next week, so hopefully it will melt. I can't even ride in the paddock because the stall doors are frozen open. I don't want him to try to run in and scrape me off.  

So how did I do in working towards my goals in February?  Not so good.

Goals for Max:
Leg Yields: I didn't really work on this at all
Turning/pivoting: We worked on this once but didn't really achieve anything. Small steps
Obstacles:  We worked with an umbrella from the ground. That's something.


Groundwork and an obstacle. It's a 2-for-1 deal.

Goals for Me:
Lessons: Still too cold
Cantering: Didn't even attempt because of poor ground/not riding/trippy pony
Trail obstacles: One step forward, one step back. My husband dismantled my L, but I did work with an umbrella
Ride once per week: Rode twice in February. The last one was just a quick pokey ride in the snow.
Groundwork once per week: I tried this twice. Once was dropping his head, but my fingers started to go numb pretty quickly. I would also consider the umbrella groundwork as well.

Other Goals: None achieved, but I wasn't planning on it. They're more summer activities

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!