Friday, April 17, 2015

TOABH: History of the Horse

Since I started this blog at the beginning of the year, I ended up missing several of Beka's blog hops. I'm going to go back through and post the rest of them over the next few weeks. They're a lot of fun and make me think about some things I probably wouldn't have thought of before.

Going back to the very beginning at The Owls Approve:

History of the Horse
Before you met, where was your horse?  Who bred him/her?  What do you know about his sire and his dam?  What do you know where he came from?  Tell me about the time before he had a trainer.

Showing off our 'new' tack shortly after I got him.

Max was bred and born in Illinois.  According to his papers, he was sold twice, however, there were at least two more owners who aren't listed that I know of.  I do know he came to a local lesson program and was sold to a former adult student about a year before he became mine.  In searching his registered name, he pops up on an Illinois State Fair results website as being shown in a halter class. I'm guessing he was also taught to drive since the owner listed is was also in a bunch of driving classes. However, they don't list all the horses names for those.  In the year before I got him, he was pretty much a pasture puff. The previous owner said the riding program didn't use him very much either.

Max comes from the 'M' line of haflingers.  His great-grand sire is Midas Touch NTF.  I believe the M line tends to be somewhere in between the drafty types and the sporty types of haflingers. They make good driving ponies.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!